Yield: 12 muffins
butter 1 stick plus 6 Tablespoons (200g)
buttermilk 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon (124g)
eggs 2 each
yolks 2 each
vanilla 2 teaspoons
lemon zest 1 each
all-purpose flour 2 2/3 cups (364g)
sugar 1 1/3 cups (266g)
baking powder 2 teaspoons
salt 1 teaspoon
blueberries (fresh) 2 1/2 cups (300g)
all-purpose flour 2 Tablespoons (20g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a medium-size bowl.
3. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, yolks, vanilla and lemon zest until fully combined.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
5. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until partially combined.
6. Toss blueberries with the second amount of flour to coat them fully. Add to the muffin batter and fold in until everything is combined. Be careful not to overmix.
7. Line a muffin pan with papers or coat with melted butter. Fill muffin pans 3/4 full of batter.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Enjoy warm or griddled with butter.