Milk 1 cup (227g)
Water 1 cup (227g)
Butter 1 ½ sticks (170g)
Salt ½ teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
All purpose flour 2 cups (270g)
Egg whites 2 (60g)
- Preheat a pot of vegetable oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. The oil should be at least 6” deep. Meanwhile, prepare the cruller dough.
- In a medium size pot, heat milk, water, butter, salt and sugar to a boil.
- Add the flour all at once, stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball of dough. Stir the dough on the heat for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl. Stir for 3-5 minutes to allow the dough to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and egg whites slowly, careful to make sure that the egg is completely mixed in before adding more. This can be done by hand or in a mixer on low speed.
- Once mixture is smooth and shiny, transfer into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe 3” rings onto a slotted spoon and carefully drop into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place on a paper towel and allow to cool.
- Dip in glaze or toss in cinnamon sugar.
Powdered sugar, sifted 1 ½ cups (150g)
Honey 3 Tablespoons
Milk 1 Tablespoon
Vanilla Extract ½ teaspoon