yield: 2 dozen truffles
Dark Chocolate 190g (6.6oz)
Cream 57g (2oz)
Hazelnut Paste 57g (2oz)
Salt 1g (pinch)
Espresso powder (optional) 1g (pinch)
Whole Toasted Hazelnuts 24 (1 for each truffle)
Dark Chocolate for coating 226g (8oz)
Feuilletine 57g (2oz)
Chopped hazelnuts 28g (1oz)
1. Scale chopped chocolate, in a heat proof bowl.
2. Place over a double boiler or melt chocolate in microwave.
3. Heat cream to a simmer, pour over hazelnut paste, and mix to combine.
4. Add cream and hazelnut paste mixture to the melted chocolate, mix to combine.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set up in the refrigerator.
6. Once firm, scoop ganache into 12-15g balls, insert 1 whole hazelnut in the center
7. Roll in feuilletine and chopped hazelnuts
8. Place back in cooler to firm up
9. To coat, melt dark chocolate carefully to keep in temper or temper chocolate.
10. Using gloves, dip ganache balls in chocolate and roll between your hands. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and allow chocolate to set up.
11. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.